Happy New Year

Dear ex-bellionaire

 

 

Many Thanks for your wishes!

 

 

We  wish you and your Family a very Healthy. Peaceful, Fun Filled, Prosperous and Happy New year- 2013.

 

Regards

 

Ravikumar.Manorama and Venkatesh

 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013






--
For All Original Booking/Resale(Gurgaon) and More Information Please Contact




Thanks & Regards  

SURENDER

Manager - Sales & Marketing 

MNC PROPMART The Real Estate Consultants

Contact No : 9818381114
E-mail        : surender@mncprop.com 

                  :  surender@mncprobuild.com



Visit us       :  www.mncpropmart.com

Office         :  Q- 5/12, Dlf City Phase-2,

                  :    Gurgaon-122002 (N.C.R)

 (ACRI - Member )

(NAREDCO Certified )
(An ISO9001:2000Certified Co)
(Licence no.180/Collector/G/PD/2010)

We are Authorized Sales Organizers of DLF, UNITECH, EMAAR MGFJMD, VATIKA,VIPUL, ORCHID, ANSAL, SPAZE, OMAXE, BPTP, BESTECH and other reputed Developers.

_____________________________________________________________

********** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ********** This E-Mail may contain
Confidential and/or legally privileged Information and is meant for the
intended recipient(s) only. Internet Communications cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be delayed,
intercepted, corrupted, lost, or contain viruses. MNC PROPMART does
not accept any liability for any errors, omissions, viruses or computer
problems experienced by any recipient as a result of this e-mail.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

2 Bed + Maid for Sale in JLT Dubai

               2 Bed + Maid for Sale in JLT Dubai 

both Bedroom with Attach Bath

Building: Gold Crest View 1

Area : 1390 sq.feet

Apt : 2X02

Status : Rented till April 2013

( Vacancy Letter Available )

Rented : 70k / 2 cheques

Full Lake View

Selling Price AED 1.3M /- Net (Make Offer)

Please Call for more Detail 

Naeem 055 5614 251

BB Pin 282FEFE7  Rera No 11394

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

One Bed for Sale ((All Commission Yours ))

       One Bed for Sale in International City Dubai 

France Cluster, Building P-07

First floor, Rented on AED 25,000/- till April

All Commission Yours

Selling Price AED 370,000/- Net


        One Bed for Sale in International City Dubai 

without Balcony, 2nd Floor, Building S-14

Rent 30,000/- Spain Cluster 

All Commission Yours

Selling Price AED 370,000/- Net

Please Call for more Detail 

Naeem 055 5614 251

Jia       055 9104 019

BB Pin 282FEFE7  Rera No 11394

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

Re: happy newyear 2013

 HI ALL ,

             Wishing  Everyone & Family

                               A HAPPY , HEALTHY & JOYFULL NEW YEAR 2013 !

                                                                                                         
                                                                                                          M.V.Narayanan & Rama

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ex-Bellionaires" group.
To post to this group, send an email to ex-bellionaires@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ex-bellionaires+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ex-bellionaires?hl=en-GB.

Shop for Sale in Spain Cluster Dubai


Shop for Sale in International City Dubai 

Spain Cluster, Rented on 20,000/- Building T-05

Size 532 sq.ft Gross area

Selling Price AED 250,000/- Net

Please Call for more Detail 

Naeem 055 5614 251

Jia       055 9104 019

BB Pin 282FEFE7  Rera No 11394

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

Studio for Sale in Crescent Building


Studio for Sale in Crescent Dubai 

17th floor, Rented 17000/- till April

No Vacation letter 

Selling Price AED 265,000/- Net

Please Call for more Detail 

Naeem 055 5614 251

BB Pin 282FEFE7  Rera No 11394

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

Shops for Sale in International City Dubai

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013
ENGLAND CLUSTER In BUILDING Y18  RENTED Shops 

with the Following sizes:

 

470 sqft Gross & 366 sqft net Rented until May 2013 

AED 300,000.00 NET TO OWNER 

Call Dominic 056-1358458

 

525 sqft Gross & 409 sqft net Rented until May 2013 

AED 300,000.00 NET TO OWNER 

Call Dominic 056-1358458


In Building Y05 RENTED Shop

992 sqft Gross & 710 Sqft net Rented until May 2013 

AED 460.00 per Square Feet. 

Call Dominic 056-1358458

 

In GREECE Cluster

L09 Shop 721 sqft net & 931 sqft Gross Rented in AED 22,000

Selling Price AED 450,000.00

Call Naeem 055-5614251

 

K05 Shop 512 sqft gross Rent AED 20,200

Selling price AED 260,000.00

Call Naeem 055-5614251

 

In Spain Cluster

T05 – Shop 532 sqft gross Rent 22,000

Selling Price AED 250,000.00

Call Naeem 055-5614251





--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

Fiducia Money wishes you a very happy and wonderful year ahead


Dear Friends and Supposrters
 
Wish a you all a very Happy, prosperous and wonderful year ahead
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

Plots in Golf Course Extension, Gurgaon

Brahma City, offer residential plots ranging from 411 square yards to 574 sq. yards. as well as independent villas and floors. For booking contact us at 180­­0 21 21 000 or visit this page http://goo.gl/UBucp

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

"WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VERY PROSPEROUS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!" RAJ 9810193637 UNIQUE GROUP










 

PLEASE CONTACT

 

RAJ     9810193637

UNIQUE REALTORS

UNIQUE CONSTRUCTIONS

KUNDLI         GURGAON

 or mail only @

UNIQUErealtors99@GMAIL.com

 

(this mail is only for reference)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "International Real Estate" group.
To post to this group, send email to international-real-estate@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to international-real-estate+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/international-real-estate?hl=en.

Digest for gpn-general-politics-and-news@googlegroups.com - 25 Messages in 6 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/gpn-general-politics-and-news/topics

    Trueblue <V6jtrichardpr@aim.com> Dec 31 11:41AM -0800  

    On Monday, 31 December 2012 19:30:11 UTC, Jonksy wrote:

     

    jaria <jar1a2@aol.com> Dec 31 11:52AM -0800  

    The nuke industry was known as the deterrent which deterrered the USSR and or its threat to invade Europe

     

    Trueblue <V6jtrichardpr@aim.com> Dec 31 11:59AM -0800  

    On Monday, 31 December 2012 19:52:23 UTC, jaria wrote:
     
    > The nuke industry was known as the deterrent which deterrered the USSR and
    > or its threat to invade Europe
     


    Except Atlee would have Nucked the USA on the orders of his kremlin masters

     

    Jonksy <jonksy@hotmail.co.uk> Dec 31 12:14PM -0800  

    Was the question too difficult for you Locky? Or are you just being the
    usual tory PRICK that you are?
     
    On Monday, 31 December 2012 19:41:10 UTC, Trueblue wrote:

     

    Jonksy <jonksy@hotmail.co.uk> Dec 31 12:15PM -0800  

    LOL the hag couldn't of even used it without the USA's say-so and
    permission..
     
    On Monday, 31 December 2012 19:52:23 UTC, jaria wrote:

     

    Jonksy <jonksy@hotmail.co.uk> Dec 31 12:16PM -0800  

    Ah bless the UK couldn't use nukes without the permission of the
    yanks...yet another subject you know shite all about..
     
    On Monday, 31 December 2012 19:59:58 UTC, Trueblue wrote:

     

    jaria <jar1a2@aol.com> Dec 31 12:19PM -0800  

    Don't know about Atlee TB but the Labour Party was full of communist sleepers who made it to Cabinet level in Blairs gvt.our allies were none too pleased with us when we gave them the latest technology on our Rolls Royce Jet engines and that led to MI5s interest in Wilson. Wonder if that had anything to do with his sudden resignation it wasn't health as a couple of people who had the local newsagents where he went in the Scilly Isles told me what a pleasant charming person he was.

     

    Trueblue <V6jtrichardpr@aim.com> Dec 31 12:25PM -0800  

    On Monday, 31 December 2012 20:19:54 UTC, jaria wrote:
     
    > Don't know about Atlee TB
     


    Nor does the troll Plonksy, he thinks Atlee is Thatcher for some reason,
    perhaps his carer gave him a shandy.

     

    Sandman <joerevo2@aol.com> Dec 31 03:35PM -0800  

    All part of the British shipbuilders corporation, which had five divisions,
    Merchant Shipbuilding, Warship-building, Engineering, Ship-repair and
    Offshore. the first one sold off was warship-building, and it was
    profitable,
    now do your own research and prove it different.
     
    On Monday, 31 December 2012 18:30:15 UTC, Trueblue wrote:
     

     

    Trueblue <V6jtrichardpr@aim.com> Dec 31 04:25PM -0800  

    On Monday, 31 December 2012 23:35:03 UTC, Sandman wrote:
     
    > All part of the British shipbuilders corporation
     
    .
    Set up by Labour nationalising existing shipyards in 1977, its was a
    massive failure with 50% of the yards closing despite billions in
    subsidies, had Thatcher not freed what was left from the state we'd not
    have any yards left at all.

    Still nice of you to confirm the industry was in crisis long before Thatcher

     

    GBur3 <GBur3@aol.com> Dec 31 05:02PM -0800  

    Pete, the entire uk is a shithole - mainly due to the free market reforms of the 1980s and 1990s. Our economy is too consumer based and produces very little. People go to work in shops and call centres and buy all their stuff from China. Year upon year there is a budget deficit and has been for almost all the time i have been alive. Our idea of success is borrowing less. Point out to me the success here?

     

    Trueblue <V6jtrichardpr@aim.com> Dec 31 05:18PM -0800  

    On Tuesday, 1 January 2013 01:02:54 UTC, GBur3 wrote:
     
    > Pete, the entire uk is a shithole - mainly due to the free market reforms
    > of the 1980s and 1990s.
     


    Your too young to remember the devestation of Labour in the 60s and 70s but
    no matter, if Jockland gets it independence you'll get the idea within a
    few month.

     

    GBur3 <GBur3@aol.com> Dec 31 05:11PM -0800  

    For thatcher - just thought it was a fitting name...

     

    Jonksy <jonksy@hotmail.co.uk> Dec 31 05:18PM -0800  

    Nah hag Gaga mate that old cow aint no lady...Even after the torries gave
    the insipid old cow elocution lessons, you can't make a silk purse out of a
    sows ear..
     
    On Tuesday, 1 January 2013 01:11:11 UTC, GBur3 wrote:

     

    GBur3 <GBur3@aol.com> Dec 31 04:48PM -0800  

    Happy new year everyone! Its one year til Scotland votes in its historic Independence referendum and two years til we rid ourselves of the condem scourge. Things are getting more interesting...

     

    Jonksy <jonksy@hotmail.co.uk> Dec 31 05:15PM -0800  

    Happy new year Alex,,,
     
    On Tuesday, 1 January 2013 00:48:39 UTC, GBur3 wrote:

     

    GBur3 <GBur3@aol.com> Dec 31 04:48PM -0800  

    Happy new year everyone! Its one year til Scotland votes in its historic Independence referendum and two years til we rid ourselves of the condem scourge. Things are getting more interesting...

     

    Trueblue <V6jtrichardpr@aim.com> Dec 31 05:15PM -0800  

    On Tuesday, 1 January 2013 00:48:41 UTC, GBur3 wrote:
     
    > Happy new year everyone!
     


    And a very happy new year to you Alex, I'll be campaigning for you, well
    for England realy....

     

    Trueblue <V6jtrichardpr@aim.com> Dec 31 11:55AM -0800  

    Just think, Grommett could be PM and you'd all be queuing at the food banks
    sleeping on the streets, happy new year to you all.

     

    jaria <jar1a2@aol.com> Dec 31 12:22PM -0800  

    Lol TB on the pavements eh ! Bit too close to the gutters where some live for my liking.
    Happy new year to you too. I was going to say prosperous but that's equivalent to a swear word for some.

     

    Tiger <Tigerlilly322086@aol.com> Dec 31 03:12PM -0800  

    It won't be prosperous, not under this lot, not unless he is already
    loaded!
     

     

    Trog <Troglodytes1@aol.com> Dec 31 03:18PM -0800  

    We all seem to look forward to the government of the day making us
    happy and prosperous, but as that is impossible,,can I wish that you
    all become prosperous and happy by your own efforts and enterprise,
    with that bit of luck and good fortune that oils the way..
     

     

    Jonksy <jonksy@hotmail.co.uk> Dec 31 05:14PM -0800  

    Well uncles you have about ! million plus in your bank account you can bet
    you aint going to get a prosperous in the new year with the tory tossers at
    the helm....
     
    On Monday, 31 December 2012 23:18:42 UTC, Trog wrote:

     

    Tiger <Tigerlilly322086@aol.com> Dec 31 03:14PM -0800  

    Wishing all of you a very happy and healthy new year x

     

    Jonksy <jonksy@hotmail.co.uk> Dec 31 05:11PM -0800  

    And to you Tigs you have a great one Hun...This year will mean the demise
    of the tory scum..
     
    On Monday, 31 December 2012 23:14:11 UTC, Tiger wrote:

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group gpn-general-politics-and-news.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

-- You've received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups GPPS (General Politics People and Society) group. To post to this group, send an email to gpn-general-politics-and-news@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to gpn-general-politics-and-news+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/gpn-general-politics-and-news?hl=en

USA Africa Dialogue Series - FW: Martin Luther King Lecture


Toyin Falola
Department of History
The University of Texas at Austin
104 Inner Campus Drive
Austin, TX 78712-0220
USA
512 475 7224
512 475 7222 (fax)


From: Molefikete1 <molefikete1@aol.com>
Date: Monday, December 31, 2012 11:18 AM
To: "ctgadio@yahoo.com" <ctgadio@yahoo.com>
Subject: Martin Luther King Lecture

Please circulate.

USA Africa Dialogue Series - Great New Year to Us All

Great congrats on coming this far.

May you and your loved ones make the most of this and succeeding years and may you enjoy all possible well being and protection.

Amen 


--
Compcros
Comparative Cognitive Processes and Systems
"Exploring Every Corner of the Cosmos in Search of Knowledge"





--
Compcros
Comparative Cognitive Processes and Systems
"Exploring Every Corner of the Cosmos in Search of Knowledge"





--
Compcros
Comparative Cognitive Processes and Systems
"Exploring Every Corner of the Cosmos in Search of Knowledge"


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
 

Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - happy new year

Wishing you a very happy new year. 2013 shall be a year of disaster free (no flood, boat ,land or air disasters),violence free (no more Boko Haram, Kidnapping, and raping of women) and corruption free( no more pension theft, oil subsidy theft and official mismanagement) by God's grace. Bisi Olateru-Olagbegi
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

-----Original Message-----
From: kenneth harrow <harrow@msu.edu>
Sender: usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:21:31
To: usaafricadialogue<USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com>
Reply-To: usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com
Subject: USA Africa Dialogue Series - happy new year

dear friends
it is new year's already in africa; it is new year's in france and the
continent; it is creeping up to new year's in england in 45 minutes;
then it will march across the ocean, pass cape verde, come over to
brazil, climb up the caribbean past trinidad and tobago to cuba and
puerto rico, reach miami, and then, miraculously, reach all the way to
michigan.
a bit later you folks in chicago will celebrate it; then texas, arizona
and montana and wyoming; and finally friends in california and my son in
washington and colleagues in oregon. and then out to sea for a new year
to reach us all
let's end this year and begin the new one on notes of happiness.
in french we say, bonne année; a good year.
have a good new year all, a very happy and joyful one.
thanks for all your wonderful exchanges--we all will be better for them,
even when we disagree, because we grow as we learn from each other. even
when we don't learn, we are better off talking to each other. it is life.
best wishes
ken

--
kenneth w. harrow
faculty excellence advocate
distinguished professor of english
michigan state university
department of english
619 red cedar road
room C-614 wells hall
east lansing, mi 48824
ph. 517 803 8839
harrow@msu.edu

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

USA Africa Dialogue Series - Happy New Year

Wishing the moderators and all participants of USA-Africa Dialogue Series  a very happy and fruitful 2013. May all the good things of life be yours in 2013.
 
Nkolika

USA Africa Dialogue Series - happy new year

dear friends
it is new year's already in africa; it is new year's in france and the
continent; it is creeping up to new year's in england in 45 minutes;
then it will march across the ocean, pass cape verde, come over to
brazil, climb up the caribbean past trinidad and tobago to cuba and
puerto rico, reach miami, and then, miraculously, reach all the way to
michigan.
a bit later you folks in chicago will celebrate it; then texas, arizona
and montana and wyoming; and finally friends in california and my son in
washington and colleagues in oregon. and then out to sea for a new year
to reach us all
let's end this year and begin the new one on notes of happiness.
in french we say, bonne année; a good year.
have a good new year all, a very happy and joyful one.
thanks for all your wonderful exchanges--we all will be better for them,
even when we disagree, because we grow as we learn from each other. even
when we don't learn, we are better off talking to each other. it is life.
best wishes
ken

--
kenneth w. harrow
faculty excellence advocate
distinguished professor of english
michigan state university
department of english
619 red cedar road
room C-614 wells hall
east lansing, mi 48824
ph. 517 803 8839
harrow@msu.edu

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - First, There Was A Country; Then There Wasn’t: Reflections On Achebe’s New Book (2)

Dear Oluwatoyin Adepoju,
You are obviously poorly read in all the right things, that is not my problem, and no amount of faux scholarship can hide your ignorance of matters that you should know stuff about. It is not my fault that at your age you only came across serious scholarship about Biafra this year. You ought to be grateful to people like me, your real lecturers who try gamely to salvage you from your pit of ignorance. I have spent much of my life educating myself on that which is important to my future and that of people that look like me. You on the other hand, only your God knows what he did to you.
Read my submission again, Biodun Jeyifo's analysis is dead in the water because he clearly does not realize that much of Achebe's new book is recompiled from all the books he listed. Which renders his analysis inchoate, if not entirely worthless. Opinions I respect, but they must be based on facts.
And you know, you and your ilk take me seriously and I keep you up at night while I dance to my gods and enjoy the occasional glass of cognac. My gods have been good to me, on the other hand, your gods were cranky and distracted when they glued you together. Now go to your next class where they teach you how to be a misgynist.
- Ikhide
 
- Ikhide
 
Stalk my blog at http://www.xokigbo.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @ikhide
Join me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ikhide



From: OLUWATOYIN ADEPOJU <tvade3@gmail.com>
To: usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - First, There Was A Country; Then There Wasn't: Reflections On Achebe's New Book (2)

Ikhide,

Sorry, but you are not really saying much about the Jeyifo contribution.

Your comments do not achieve much beyond express an unsubstantiated displeasure.

If you are to be taken seriously as a pro-Biafra critic, which you see yourself as being, you need to do better than just display displeasure and be seen to engage in serious and informed analysis of the subject you address.


toyin

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Ikhide <xokigbo@yahoo.com> wrote:
"In all of Achebe's books on our pre-colonial and postcolonial experience, he had come closer than perhaps any other writer to this conception and practice of realism. More specifically, ethnicity, class and individuality had been superbly interwoven and productively explored in such titles as No Longer at Ease, A Man of the People, Anthills of the Savannah, The Trouble with Nigeria and Home and Exile. Thus, in my opinion, There Was A Country marks a radical rupture in Achebe's writings on our country, a rupture in which the realist rigour of his previous writings gives way to, or is considerably modified by a mystique, an apologia, an uncompromising defense of Igbo ethno-nationalism. I do not think that Achebe took this path in a fit of absent-mindedness; to the contrary, I think it is a decision, a choice he made in this new book quite deliberately and purposively."
 
- Professor Biodun Jeyifo on Achebe's There Was A Country.
 
There is a reason why Professor Biodun Jeyifo's tortuous (so far) serial analysis of Professor Chinua Achebe's book is so far flying like a lead balloon; it makes little sense because it is poorly researched. Take the above statement, I just wonder how many of these books of Achebe's he has read. If he has read them closely, then he has a curious way of showing it. I also am quite suprised how little of Achebe's books beyond TFA many of our star intellectuals have read. It is a shame really.
 
As Achebe carefully footnotes ad nauseam in his book, much of the new book can already be found in, yes, No Longer at Ease, A Man of the People, Anthills of the Savannah, The Trouble with Nigeria and Home and Exile. So how can you say that "ethnicity, class and individuality had been superbly interwoven and productively explored" in those books, when much of the same thoughts are basically the new book? 
 
Jeyifo is trying awkwardly to hide his huge ethnic bias by accusing Achebe of the same and of a lack of objectivity, it is comical, really. The only reason we are reading all this wahala (or trying to, my eyes glaze over the ancient history of alphabet soup parties, UPGA, NNA, blah blah blah) is because Achebe trained his rage on Awolowo. So all the Awoists are being trotted out to write absolutely dreadful "book reviews."
 
Finally all that mumbling about ethnicity and tribalism is beyond baffling. It makes little sense in the 21st century and I am now convinced that Jeyifo and I read two different editions of Achebe's wondrous book. Jeyifo and I live in a free country, the great USA and so I would say feel free to keep writing about Achebe if it rocks your boat. But if you are looking for a clear-eyed review of Achebe's books, do not look to Jeyifo :-D LOL!
 
- Ikhide 

 
From: Chido Onumah <conumah@hotmail.com>
To:
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:43 PM
Subject: USA Africa Dialogue Series - First, There Was A Country; Then There Wasn't: Reflections On Achebe's New Book (2)

First, There Was A Country; Then There Wasn't: Reflections On Achebe's New Book (2)
By Biodun Jeyifo
Superficially, it was understandable to conclude that this was indeed "an Igbo coup". However, scratch a little deeper and complicating factors are discovered: One of the majors was Yoruba, and Nzeogwu himself was Igbo in name only…he was widely known as someone who saw himself as a Northerner, spoke fluent Hausa and little Igbo, and wore the traditional Northern dress when not in uniform.
Chinua Achebe, There Was A Country
In the end, I began to understand. There is such a thing as absolute power over narrative. Those who secure this privilege for themselves can arrange stories about others pretty much where, and as, they like.
Chinua Achebe, Home and Exile
If in There Was A Country "a Nigerian ruling class" only appears in the narratives and reflections of the author in the final fourth part of the book, this is only the most stunning aspect of the general intellectual and discursive architecture of the book. This "architecture", this "grammar" is none other than the fact that for nearly all other parts of the book with the exception of that concluding fourth part, all of Achebe's "explanations", all of his speculations in the book are relentlessly driven by ethnicity, and a very curious conception of ethnicity for that matter. Logically, inevitably, the corollary to this is that "explanations" and speculations based on class, and more specifically on intra-class and inter-class factors, are either completely ignored or even deliberately excluded. As I shall presently demonstrate, this is a remarkable departure from virtually all of Achebe's writings prior to this recently published book. For now, let me illustrate this startling matter of the complete subsumption of class into ethnicity in There Was A Country with two particularly telling examples out of innumerable other instances in the book.
The first of our two selected examples pertains to nothing less than the January 15, 1966 coup itself, arguably the "opening shot" in the chain of events and crises that led to the Nigeria-Biafra war, the central subject of Achebe's book. It so happens that there is quite a significant body of both general and academic writings and discourses on this signal event. And indeed, Achebe's long citation of his sources in the bibliographic section of his book mentions many of these writings and discourses on the January 15, 1966 coup. It is therefore baffling that of the variety of "motives" or "interests" that have been ascribed to the coup plotters, the single one that Achebe addresses in his book is ethnicity, "tribe": Was it, or was it not, "an Igbo coup".
There have been suggestions, there have been speculations that it was a "southern coup", this in light of the fact that most of the political and military leaders assassinated or inadvertently killed were, overwhelmingly, either northerners or southerners in alliance with northern leaders. More pertinent to the present discussion, there has also been an even more plausible speculation that class and ideological interests were significant in the motives of influential members of the coup plotters like Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu and Wale Ademoyega. Of the two alliances of the ruling class parties of the First Republic, the Nigerian National Alliance (NNA) and the United Progressive Grand Alliance (UPGA), with the exception of Festus Okotie-Eboh, the Finance Minister, all those assassinated belonged to the NNA. S.L. Akintola, the Premier of the Western Region, was a diehard NNA chieftain; there is compelling evidence that this was why he was assassinated while Michael Okpara, the Premier of the Eastern Region, was spared because he was a major figure in the UPGA alliance. As a matter of fact, there is clear evidence that some of the coup plotters had the intension of making or "forcing" Chief Awolowo to assume the office of Prime Minister in the belief that the progressive northern allies of UPGA were far more regionally and nationally popular and credible than the southern and conservative allies of the NNA.
Achebe's book pays not the slightest attention to these other probable factors in assessing the motives of the January 15 coup plotters. Was it, or was it not, "an Igbo coup"? That is all Achebe is interested in exploring - and disproving – in There Was A Country. Of the many threads that form the complex fabric of that fateful coup d'état, this single thread of ethnicity or "tribe" is all that Achebe strenuously tries to unravel in his book. This may be because by the time of the terrible pogroms of May 1966 against Igbos in the North, all other plausible motives for the coup had been almost completely erased by assertions, indeed pronouncements that the coup had incontrovertibly been an Igbo coup. But Achebe's book was written more than forty years after the event and it had the advantage of both historical hindsight and a vast body of accumulated research and discourses. For this reason, there is no other conclusion left for us other than a finding that Achebe almost certainly has a driving rationale for sticking exclusively to ethnicity or "tribalism" while simultaneously ignoring or excluding all other plausible, and in some cases factual, factors.
At any rate, this is precisely what Achebe repeats in the second of our two examples. This pertains to the period of regional and nation-wide crises between 1964 to 1966 that preceded the January 15 coup and the Nigeria-Biafra war. Here, in Achebe's own words, is the particular case: "By the time the government of the Western region also published a white paper outlining the dominance of the ethnic Igbo in key government positions in the Nigerian Railway Corporation and the Nigerian Ports Authority, the situation for ethnic Igbos working in Western Nigeria in particular and all over Nigeria in general had become untenable" (p. 77). This is indeed a fact, but it is a partial fact, one aspect of a complex of facts and realities many of which Achebe chooses to ignore or obscure. It is useful to carefully state what these other facts and realities were.
First, the government of the Western region that Achebe alludes to here was that of Chief S.L. Akintola and his party, the Nigerian National Democratic Party (NNDP). Arguably, these were the most perniciously right-wing government and party in southern Nigeria in the entirety of our post-independence political history. Achebe completely ignores this fact and fixes exclusively on this government's anti-Igbo programs and diatribes. Secondly, Akintola's government and party were not only virulently anti-Igbo, they were also scurrilously anti-welfarist and anti-socialist. A brilliant orator and a master of Yoruba rhetorical arts, Akintola tirelessly satirized a range of targets and issues of which Igbos were only one composite group. He was particularly fond of spewing out twisted, parodic visions of welfarism and socialism in which everything would be shared – wives, children, family heirlooms and personal belongings. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that Achebe had to have been aware of these facts and realities; but he ignores them completely. Thirdly and lastly, Akintola and his party quite deliberately stoked the fires of intra-ethnic tensions and resentments within Yoruba sub-groups and they took this as far as founding a rival Pan-Yoruba organization to the Egbe Omo Oduduwa which they called "Egbe Omo Olofin". And for good measure, they tried, unsuccessfully, to instigate the late Duro Ladipo to write and produce a play to counter Hubert Ogunde's famous pro-Awolowo and pro-UPGA play, Yoruba Ronu.
It must be emphasized that all these intra-class and intra-ethnic facts and realities were so well-known at the time that Achebe could not have been ignorant of them. We are left with no other conclusion than that Achebe simply had no place in his book for any factors, any realities beyond a pristine, autochthonous conception of ethnic identity and belonging in which no other aspects of social identification are allowed to "contaminate" the singularity of ethnicity . This, I suggest, is what we see in its quintessence in the argument expressed in the first of the two epigraphs to this essay to the effect that Nzeogwu being Igbo "in name only", the January 15 coup could not have been "an Igbo coup".
In last week's beginning essay in this series, I made the assertion that Achebe is one of the greatest realist writers in world literature in the last century and half. I now wish to clarify the relevance of that assertion to the present discussion. One of the most compelling claims of realism is that it is the mode or genre in which the chain of representation in a work of literature or, more broadly, an intellectual treatise, comes closest to the chain of causality in nature, history or society. In a layman's formulation of this "big grammar", this means that above all other modes, forms and genres, it is in realism that what is presented in a work of art or a treatise is as close as you can possibly get to how things actually happened. Another way of putting this across is to suggest that typically and unavoidably, there being always and forever a big gap between how things actually happen and how they are (re)presented in writing, it is only the most gifted and talented realist writers that come close to bridging that gap.
In all of Achebe's books on our pre-colonial and postcolonial experience, he had come closer than perhaps any other writer to this conception and practice of realism. More specifically, ethnicity, class and individuality had been superbly interwoven and productively explored in such titles as No Longer at Ease, A Man of the People, Anthills of the Savannah, The Trouble with Nigeria and Home and Exile. Thus, in my opinion, There Was A Country marks a radical rupture in Achebe's writings on our country, a rupture in which the realist rigour of his previous writings gives way to, or is considerably modified by a mystique, an apologia, an uncompromising defense of Igbo ethno-nationalism. I do not think that Achebe took this path in a fit of absent-mindedness; to the contrary, I think it is a decision, a choice he made in this new book quite deliberately and purposively. In next week's continuation of this series, I shall deal extensively even if only speculatively with this choice, with particular reference to what I personally regard as one of the most controversial aspects of There Was A Country, this being the link that Achebe makes in the book between what he deems the endemic ethnic scapegoating of Igbos in our country and the utter collapse of meritocracy in post-civil war Nigeria.
Concluded.
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
 


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
 



--
Compcros
Comparative Cognitive Processes and Systems
"Exploring Every Corner of the Cosmos in Search of Knowledge"


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
 


USA Africa Dialogue Series - Fwd: [NIgerianWorldForum] CHINUA ACHEBE'S COUNTRY, BIAFRA



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Osita Ebiem <ositaebiem@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Subject: [NIgerianWorldForum] CHINUA ACHEBE'S COUNTRY, BIAFRA

 

CHINUA ACHEBE'S COUNTRY, BIAFRA
 
By Osita Ebiem
 
For forty something years Chinua Achebe's 2012 book, There Was a Country: A Personal History of Biafra, remained in the works. It took him this long to write because the story is too personal and too painful to write. Biafra Genocide took place from 1966 against the Igbo and other Southeasterners (Biafrans); while the war started in 1967 and ended in 1970. Achebe finished writing about it in 2012, forty two years after the war ended or forty six years since the 1966 genocide.
 
The story is compacted into 334 pages. And through the author's mastery the story is easy and gripping to read. It's easy to read because the writer's style is lucid and without any hint of guiles. But difficult because of the pain and missed opportunities the author and his loved ones had to and still go through. Since it is a personal narrative the writer would not bog the reader down with too many details. That, in itself, is one source of the pain of the writer.
 
 
What would he include and what would be excluded and still satisfy his conscience? So many incidents and details which are equally important crowd the author's memory. To keep the sage from being overwhelmed, he must suspend the writing for another day.... This is how the writing got delayed for more than forty years. But finally the story is written and the world is richer as a result. And a grateful world salutes Achebe's courage.
 
 
Biafra story is one of the most painful of all stories in history and to write from the inside is even more excruciating. Children, women and men were deliberately starved to death by the deliberate, vicious actions of federal government of Nigeria under the direction of Yakubu Gowon and Obafemi Awolowo.
 
 
Television had just become popular among households around the world and Biafra became the first TV war and what the people saw was too heartbreaking and frightening and gave the world a rude prediction of what is to come if it would do nothing to change it. Skeleton-like children and others with distended stomachs and with questioning eyes held the gaze, discomfortingly, of a spectating world in the comfort of their living quarters. The children and their parents were dying in Biafra from Harold Wilson's Disease or kwashiorkor.
 
 
Achebe's There was a Country is one of those very necessary stories ever written. Achebe and the rest of his gallant fellow compatriots worked tirelessly to establish his Biafran country. He played a pivotal part in that country and those of us who benefit directly from those sacrifices are forever grateful. Because of great minds, men and women of sterling character whose sinews seemed to be made of steel, Achebe's country of Biafra worked in the face of daunting challenges and pain. But then a temporary wedge was put on the path of Achebe's country's march to true greatness by the combined forces of Nigeria, Great Britain, Russia (former USSR), Egypt and the Arab League. The wedge serves to delay and prolong the wistfulness of Citizen Achebe but eventually his country that was, and will still be.
 
 
Partly, Achebe waited so long to write his memoir because he was waiting for Nigeria. After the defeat of Biafra Achebe wanted Nigeria to succeed and so he waited and waited. Forty two years after he would not wait no more. Nigeria is hopeless. As soon as Achebe wrote the last word of his memoir, the last death nail was driven into the heart of Nigerian country. On that day Achebe finally carried out the last wishes of his friend and fellow citizen of Biafra, Christopher Ifekandu Okigbo. Okigbo had specifically requested in one of his poems that Achebe and others should wake him up near the sacrificial altar when the various fragments and aspects of unjust wounds inflicted on him and his fellow Biafran compatriots by Nigeria's hatred and intolerance are counted and stitched together so that collectively the beautiful and unassailable Biafra poem would be finished. With the public showing of Achebe's personal narrative of the Biafran story, the stars have aligned and the last rituals for Okigbo's and the other heroes of Biafra's final passage to glory begin.
 
 
On few occasions Achebe stated that the trouble with Nigeria is mostly bad leadership. Achebe is one of the brightest minds and greatest thinkers of the 20th and 21st centuries. Achebe lived through Nigeria, Biafra and then Nigeria and knows the truth. Achebe is bold and tough as nail but on those occasions Achebe the infallible god inadvertently massaged the ego of the Nigerian country by trying to be politically correct as mere mortals do. But Achebe has transcended the elemental foibles of mere mortals. Achebe since had ascended that realm in his native Igbo culture, where after someone has washed his tongue, he cannot lie. So in his usually clear and mesmerizing language as he told his personal story in his book, There Was a Country he redeemed himself. Achebe knows the truth which is that the real trouble with Nigeria is because it is a badly structured country. The trouble with Nigeria is the terrible incongruent cultural mixture of peoples without common interests and aspiration. Achebe knows that his Biafran country succeeded not because of the type of leadership for Nigeria that he spoke about on those occasions. Achebe's Biafra succeeded because of the structural make up of that country which in turn produced the excellent leadership that Achebe and his fellow Biafrans witnessed and participated in.
 
 
When we talk about how to build a successful country we are thankfully not subjected to the difficult dilemma of trying to prove if the egg came before the chicken or the chicken before the egg. In a succeeding country, a good structure most of the time gives birth to good leadership. A bad structure or system has always produced bad leadership. This is the trouble with Nigeria.
 
 
Achebe's Biafra did not need five hundred years to succeed as many Nigerianists have always argued that what is needed for Nigeria to work is time. One year was enough for Achebe and the rest of his people to make Biafra work. There was no need and luxury of time for them to wait. Achebe's Biafra either worked or did not work in a space of one year. In Achebe's Biafra they had a common aspiration and dreamed together. But in Nigeria there are too many dreams and everyone is dreaming to the exclusion of their neighbor. So, Achebe's Biafra remains the only alternative that will still be.
 
 
Herbert Ekwe-Ekwe in his blog, www.rethinkingafrica.com calls Obafemi Awolowo's edifices "a fast crumbling edifice" in his answer to the irrational Awoist critics of Achebe's recent memoir. Obafemi Awolowo left behind an enormous and tremendous edifice. Awolowo was a great Nigerian who gave the country the best he got. Because of Awolowo's gallant efforts and those of others like Yakubu Gowon Nigeria survived the first threat by Biafra to divide it. Partly thanks to Awolowo, Nigeria still stands today as a united country. On the whole Awolowo built up huge personal and national edifices but Ekwe-Ekwe describes those intimidating edifices as fast crumbling in the space of very little time, why? Many critical analysts of Awolowo and Nigeria have concluded that this is so because Awolowo's and Nigeria's edifices were built on falsehood and genocides and they cannot stand, as a result. Nigeria is already a collapsed house of cards and the debris will need to be cleaned out to enable the new Achebe's country to be.
 
 
Biafra was a republic; a democratic country. Decisions were taken collectively. Even the decision to declare the country as free and independent from Nigeria was taken after so many consultations and the unanimous agreement by all the provinces that were in the old Eastern Region. This is why Emeka Ojukwu the then head of state of Biafra is never synonymous with Biafra. Biafra was the entire people of Eastern Region and Ojukwu was just an individual who played creditably his own part. The people that ran Biafra were the best minds and Achebe is preeminent among them. In the midst of fire and great tribulations they created Biafra and made it work. This is why Nigeria's failure pains Achebe especially. In Achebe's heart of hearts he knows that Nigeria would have worked if. . .
 
 
Yes, there was a country and will still be the Biafran country. As always Achebe wrote honestly and sincerely and wrote only facts and truth. But would there be no detractors just because Achebe belongs in the category of great men and women of character and integrity of all time? That will be unrealistic to contemplate. Detractors who envy and with passion attack Achebe viciously for his audacity to choose freedom and independence over slavery, human indignity and crime against humanity as visited on him and his people, abound. They are many that attack without countering the facts of Achebe's testaments on Obafemi Awolowo's, Anthony Enahoro's, Yakubu Gowon's and Britain's Harold Wilson's genocidal devastations of Biafra. Like court jesters the attackers risk self-ridicule in the face of incontestable facts. But what difference does that make, anyway? Achebe was in the Biafra of the 1960s and sacrificially dodged bullets and endured the hunger for a better tomorrow for the next generation of his people. Achebe in horror witnessed and endured the pain of losing two Achebes, friends like Okigbo and a host of others to Nigeria's extreme hatred, intolerance and genocide.
 
 
Though very painful but Achebe and others never regretted those sacrifices; they gave their lives for the generation of Achebe's children and those after them. For Biafrans of Achebe's era no sacrifice was too much.
 
 
Some of Achebe's Nigerian critics have called him a Biafran in Nigerian cloak. How apt and true. No one that experienced Achebe's Biafra, even for a day, ever renounced their citizenship of that country. In fact, every one of Achebe's people ceased from being Nigerians and renounced their citizenship of Nigeria forever, since May 30, 1967. The late poet and dramatist Esiaba Irobi said it even better when he described himself as a Biafran citizen on exile in Nigeria.
 
Achebe has been through very hot crucibles defending and working his Biafran country. Even if they were throwing flames, Achebe will not be bothered with the present puny egg-throwers in their desperate attempt to soil his sparkling image. Achebe's position as the eagle on the peak of the tallest iroko around is secured and Lilliputians at the foot of the tree can try every antic in their bag of tricks.
 
 
The bottom line is: For Achebe and the rest of his people, they know that there was genocide and there was a Biafran country. Achebe is the most credible narrator and he has clearly and emphatically said that, in part, because there was genocide then his people were compelled to work towards establishing their own country from 1967.
 
 
Now, to the consternation of Achebe's critics the world finally accepts, from the testimony of a most dependable witness, that there was genocide in Biafra and there was a Biafran country. That is the first step. The next one is to call the perpetrators of Achebe's people killers to the tribunal so that the world, our world can be made safer through the execution of remedial justice and the process of collective global accountability. That has been done before.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___



--
Compcros
Comparative Cognitive Processes and Systems
"Exploring Every Corner of the Cosmos in Search of Knowledge"


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
 
Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol